Sunny skies greeted WSBK riders and a drying track meant times soon dropped but riders were lacking dry set-up at the historic Assen circuit.
Leon Camier led the majority of Superpole 1 ahead of Milwaukee BMW’s Josh Brookes, who was close to securing his time. However it was the other BMW team-mates Torres and Reiterberger who stormed to the top of SP1 at the end of the session, with German Reiterberger finishing on top, on the Althea BMW.
It was Jonathan Rea, Chaz Davies and Micheal van der Mark who set the pace early on in Superpole two, fighting for pole position in the early stages. But this didn’t last for long as Sylvain Guintoli and Tom Sykes began to fight back.
KRT’s Sykes soon put down a marker with a strong time of 1.35.440, bringing the gap to more than six tenths ahead of the rest.
Pata Yamaha’s Sylvain Guintoli will start on the front row for the second race in a row after his strong Aragon qualifying.
Aruba.IT Racing Ducati’s Davide Guigliano completes the front row, ahead of reigning champion Rea who set a personal best lap time on his final attempt.
1. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 35.440s
2. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 1m 36.073s
3. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 36.391s
4. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 36.401s
5. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 36.643s
6. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 36.940s
7. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW S1000RR 1m 37.300s
8. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R 1m 37.351s
9. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR 1m 37.413s
10. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 37.449s
11. Lorenzo Savadori ITA IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 1m 37.587s
12. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 1m 38.214s
Grid positions determined by SP1
13. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR 1m 38.375s
14. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW S1000RR 1m 38.754s
15. Matteo Baiocco ITA VFT Ducati 1199R 2m 39.305s
16. Alex de Angelis RSM IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 1m 39.327s
17. Lucas Mahias FRA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 39.459s
18. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 41.339s
19. Matthieu Lussiana FRA Team ASPI BMW S1000RR 1m 41.743s
20. Pawel Szkopek POL Team Toth Yamaha R1 1m 42.443s
21. Josh Hook AUS Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 43.957s
22. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW S1000RR No time
23. Dominic Schmitter SUI Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R Did not qualify
24. Saeed al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R Did not qualify
25. Peter Sebesteyen HUN Team Toth Yamaha R1 Did not qualify