Britain’s Chaz Davies continues his dominating form at Motorland Aragon in Spain, taking the victory with over a six second lead from Tom Sykes and Jonathan Rea.
In a similar display to race one yesterday, the Aruba.IT Racing rider made it look easy as he took the lead from Sykes at the end of the second lap of 18 and never looked back.
Sykes and Rea were locked in the battle of the ZX-10R for the rest of the race and despite both riders making mistakes it was Sykes who took second by 2.69s. It looked as if Rea would make an escape for second position as his Yorkshire team-mate outbreaked himself going into turn one mid-way through the race.
However Sykes never allowed Rea to escape too far into the distance and with four laps to go Rea missed his breaking point through turn one which allowed Sykes to move ahead and pull away.
Xavi Fores continued to impress at the Motorland circuit securing another lonley fourth position aboard the Barni Ducati, as compatriot Jordi Torres was able to finish in the top five ahead of Davide Giugliano who bounced back from a mistake mid-way through the race which saw him slip from fourth to eighth, but the Italian crossed the line to take sixth.
It was a mixed day for the Honda Racing team-mates as Michael van der Mark made up for his crash in race on to finish in the top seven but Nicky Hayden was forced to retire with problem on the CBR1000RR.
Alex Lowes managed to salvage a top ten finish aboard the Pata Yamaha machine following a run off track, as his team-mate Sylvain Guintoli rounded out the top ten.
Davies victory at Aragon makes him the most successful WSBK rider at the circuit and brings his championship gap to Rea down to just 26 points at the end of the third round of the season.
Race two results:
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 18 laps
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +6.471s
3. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +9.161s
4. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R +11.436s
5. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR +15.969s
6. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R +18.278s
7. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing CBR1000RR +20.931s
8. Alex de Angelis RSM IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 +24.790s
9. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 +25.246s
10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 +25.548s
11. Lorenzo Savadori ITA IodaRacing Aprilia RSV4 +27.675s
12. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R +29.364s
13. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW S1000RR +31.749s
14. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW S1000RR +34.314s
15. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW S1000RR +34.333s
16. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR +34.777s
17. Matteo Baiocco ITA VFT Ducati 1199R +41.449s
18. Matthieu Lussiana FRA Team ASPI BMW S1000RR +76.542s
19. Dominic Schmitter SUI Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +82.960s
20. Peter Sebesteyen HUN Team Toth Yamaha R1 +85.830s
21. Saeed al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +88.363s
22. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth Yamaha R1 +1 lap
Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing CBR1000RR 15 laps completed
Josh Hook AUS Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R 12 laps completed
Sylvain Barrier FRA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1 laps completed