|Fabrizio tops the first official time sheet of the season
Photo: Red Devils Roma Aprilia
It’s back! Well, almost. After a slight delay following a crash-strewn World Supersport FP1 session, the World Superbike riders got going for the first official session of the 2013 season.
Red Devil Roma Aprilia’s Michel Fabrizio was the surprise leader, half a second ahead of his nearest rival Leon Haslam on the PATA Ten Kate Honda. Leon Camier continued to show Suzuki’s improvements over the winter with a third place. After that big gap, the next 12 riders were covered by just over a second, hinting that there could be a lot of action this weekend. The only riders to fall in the session were Alstare Ducati’s pair of Ayrton Badovini and Carlos Checa. Badovini had a bad fall during testing last week therefore there was fear he may have injured himself further, however Alstare have confirmed both riders were OK.
All the Brits were in the top 10, apart from Laverty in 11th.
If you’re unsure who’s where this year in WSBK, check out our guide here!
- Michel Fabrizio Red Devil Roma Aprilia 1.31.218
- Leon Haslam Pata Honda 1.31.728
- Leon Camier Crescent Fixi Suzuki 1.31.803
- Sylvain Guintoli Aprilia Racing 1.31.964
- Chaz Davies BMW Motorrad 1.32.046
- Marco Melandri BMW Motorrad 1.32.057
- Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing Team 1.32.113
- Jonathan Rea PATA Honda 1.32.158
- Carlos Checa Alstare Ducati 1.32.171
- Davide Giugliano Althea Aprilia 1.32.315
- Eugene Laverty Aprilia Racing 1.32.339
- Jamie Stauffer Honda Racing 1.32.512
- Max Neukirchner MR Racing Ducati 1.32.740
- Ivan Clementi HTM Racing BMW 1.32.752
- Alex Lundh Pedercini Kawasaki 1.32.866
- Loris Baz Kawasaki Racing Team 1.32.882
- Glenn Allerton Next Gen BMW 1.32.935
- Ayrton Badovini Alstare Ducati 1.33.006
- Jules Cluzel Crescent Fixi Suzuki 1.33.172
- Vittorio Iannuzzo Grillini BMW 1.33.473
- Frederico Sandi Pedercini Kawasaki 1.34. 313